You may need a RADAR key to access some disabled accessible toilets.
RADAR keys may be available from your local district or borough council or you can purchase one from Disability Rights UK.
Changing Places in Derbyshire
Changing Places toilets are larger than standard accessible toilets and designed for dependent use, for example those with a carer.
They have lots of space and specialised equipment, including a height-adjustable changing bench and a hoist.
They're also clean and provide a safe environment.
The following Changing Places are available in Derbyshire:
- Ashbourne Library, Ashbourne
- Arc Leisure Centre, Matlock
- Carsington Reservoir Yacht Club
- Carter Lane Day Centre, Shirebrook
- Chesterfield Football Club Community Trust - The Proact Stadium, Chesterfield
- Chesterfield Market Hall
- Chesterfield Royal Hospital (Scarsdale Wing)
- Council House, Derby
- County Hall, Matlock
- Cromford Meadows, Cromford, near Matlock
- East Midlands Designer Outlet, South Normanton
- Elvaston Castle and Country Park, Elvaston
- Intu Shopping Centre (formerly Westfield), Derby
- Lea Green's Meadow Lodge, Lea, near Matlock (by advanced tel: 01629 534561)
- Oakland Village, Swadlincote
- Parkwood Day Centre, Alfreton
- New Queen's Park Leisure Centre, Chesterfield
- Shipley Country Park at Heanor
- The Hub, South Normanton
- The Genesis Centre at Alfreton
You can find out more about most of the Changing Places, including contact details by reading the leaflets attached to this page. The following facilities are available for use by the public by phoning in advance (contact details are in the attached leaflets) although they don't meet the full changing places specification:
- Alderbrook Day Centre, Chinley
- Outlook Centre, Long Eaton
- Rosliston Forestry Centre
- Whitemoor, Belper