Alert close - icon Fill 1 Copy 10 Untitled-1 tt copy 3 Untitled-1 Untitled-1 tt copy 3 Fill 1 Copy 10 menu Group 3 Group 3 Copy 3 Group 3 Copy Page 1 Group 2 Group 2 Skip to content

How to access care and support

Information and advice on how to access care and support. 

The short video on this page gives an overview of our adult care services and how our processes work. This includes details of our information and advice services as well as accessing care services.

Call Derbyshire - making contact with us

Most people contact us by phone. You can Call Derbyshire tel: 01629 533190 if you need advice, information or you think you need an assessment of your social care needs. You can also call on behalf of a relative or friend.

If you're dealing with an emergency outside the Monday to Friday office hours, 9am to 5pm, please contact the out of hours team.

Getting the help you need

A specially trained Call Derbyshire customer care assistant will talk to you about the reason for your call and do their best to help you straightaway.

If you're calling for information and advice, you'll either be given that information or given contact details of other agencies who'll be able to help. You can also find help in our information and advice and help to live at home sections. 

If the customer care assistant thinks that your social care needs can be met by simple services, they'll work with you to arrange this. For instance, if there's any equipment available to help you, such as grab handles or rails.

If the customer care assistant identifies you as vulnerable or potentially eligible for social care support, you'll be referred for a community care assessment. The assessment will be undertaken face-to-face by one of our social workers.

If you're unable to conduct a telephone assessment we'll work with you to find a more suitable way. You can either ask someone you trust to contact us on your behalf or you can email: or contact us by text: 86555.

Call us to protect vulnerable people

We're working to protect people who may be vulnerable because of their age, an illness, mental incapacity or a disability. If you are worried about the safety of an adult please Call Derbyshire tel: 01629 533190 or visit the Derbyshire Safeguarding Adults website

If you disagree

If you don't agree with any part of the process, like your budget or support plan, then you should talk it over with the person helping you with the assessment process.

If you're still unhappy with their response, please use the complaints process.