Alert close - icon Fill 1 Copy 10 Untitled-1 tt copy 3 Untitled-1 Untitled-1 tt copy 3 Fill 1 Copy 10 menu Group 3 Group 3 Copy 3 Group 3 Copy Page 1 Group 2 Group 2 Skip to content

Adult care complaints and praise

We're always looking for ways to improve our services and the following information provides details of how you can contact us with your comments, praise and complaints.

You can tell us about your comment, praise or complaints:

  • contact any member of staff at any county council office
  • fill in the Putting People First leaflet attached to this page
  • email:
  • call the complaints administrator, tel: 01629 532236
  • write to us at:
    Adult Care complaints administrator
    Derbyshire County Council
    County Hall
    DE4 9BR
  • contact your county councillor

If you feel that we have failed to provide a service, acted wrongly or treated you unfairly or discourteously then we want to investigate and put things right.

Who can complain?

Under the regulations, the following people, or their representative, may complain:

  • a person who receives or who has received services from the council
  • a person affected or likely to be affected by an action, omission or decision of the council

If you need help to make a complaint please see our information about advocacy.

A complaint should be made within 12 months of the occurrence.

If you have a complaint that involves residential care or domiciliary care you can also direct your complaint to the Care Quality Commission (CQC), tel: 03000 616161, email: or write to:

Care Quality Commission
St Nicholas Building
St Nicholas Street
Newcastle Upon Tyne

If your complaint relates to a child please see the children and younger adults complaints procedure or if it relates to another department, please see our corporate complaints procedure.

Information you should tell us

When you make your complaint it will help if you tell the complaints administrator:

  • details of the problem
  • what's already been done to try and sort it out
  • which members of staff you have dealt with
  • what you would like us to do next

How your complaint will be dealt with

Please see the adult care complaints procedure, which is attached to this page, for more details.

Local Government Ombudsman

Should you remain dissatisfied after you have given us the opportunity to look into your concerns you can contact the Local Government Ombudsman advice team, tel: 0845 602193 or text 'call back' to 07624 804323 or by writing to:

Local Government Ombudsman
PO Box 4771

An overview of complaints and compliments was received by adult care and contained in our latest annual report which is available on request from or calling the complaints administrator tel: 01629 532236.