- to deliver services fairly
- to be polite and courteous
- to use your comments to improve our services
- to provide a named member of staff to deal with your enquiry
- to answer telephone calls promptly
- to reply to letters quickly
- to meet local people on request
- to welcome visitors to council buildings
- to develop standards of services, so you will know what to expect from them.
Statistics show our services are among the best offered by any council in the country. But we realise that they can always be improved, and sometimes things do go wrong.
If you have a complaint, or if you want to suggest improvements, get in touch with us and we will do our best to help.
What is your complaint about?
There are specific arrangements and contact details for the following types of complaints:
For all other complaints please follow our corporate complaint procedure.
Our corporate complaint procedure gives information on what constitutes a complaint, how we will handle it, the stages of the process and also information on the Local Government Ombudsman.
Would you like to compliment us on doing something well?
If you think we are doing things well we would like to hear that too.
You can let us know what you think by completing the comments, compliments and complaints leaflet, which contains a useful form you can fill in and send back to us. This can be found attached to this page.