Alert close - icon Fill 1 Copy 10 Untitled-1 tt copy 3 Untitled-1 Untitled-1 tt copy 3 Fill 1 Copy 10 menu Group 3 Group 3 Copy 3 Group 3 Copy Page 1 Group 2 Group 2 Skip to content

Complaints about councillors

You have a right to expect high standards of conduct from councillors.

The standards of conduct expected are set out in the code of conduct.

Each councillor has to sign up to the code of conduct when they accept office. By signing up to the code, a member is actively taking on a formal obligation to abide by its requirements.

The standards committee will investigate allegations that councillors have not behaved in an appropriate way.

If you believe that a councillor has breached the code of conduct, you can complain:

  • email:

  • write to:

    Director of Legal Services
    Derbyshire County Council
    County Hall
    DE4 3AG

  • fill in the complaints form (attached) and send it to the address printed on the form

Your complaint will be acknowledged and will then be looked at by a sub-committee of our standards committee who will decide whether it should be investigated.

This sub-committee is chaired by an independent member.