Eligibility is based on identifying and meeting 3 criteria:
- Do your needs arise from a physical or mental impairment of illness?
- Do these needs mean that you're unable to achieve 2 or more of the listed outcomes?
- As a result is there a significant impact on your wellbeing?
We call the ways you'll be supported to live your life and achieve what you want, outcomes. Any assessment will consider the following outcomes:
- managing and maintaining nutrition
- maintaining personal hygiene
- managing toilet needs
- being appropriately clothed
- maintaining a habitable home environment
- being able to make use of the home safely
- developing and maintaining family and other personal relationships
- accessing and engaging in work, training, education or volunteering
- making use of necessary facilities or services in the local community including public transport and recreational facilities or services
- carrying out any caring responsibilities the adult has for a child
Eligibility is established on whether you can achieve the outcomes independently, without including any help you get from a family carer. Once your assessment is complete, we consider any support you get from an unpaid carer when planning what support you need.
Read the full eligibility criteria.
We also have information about carers eligibility.