We’ll be resurfacing, and surface dressing parts of more than 325 roads, spending in the region of £10 million. During March and April 2021 our highways workers and an external contractor have been busy getting these roads ready to be resurfaced or surface dressed by filling in any potholes or fixing any defects.
Our contractors will start on our road resurfacing programme mid May, and on our surface dressing programme in July 2021.
We’ll keep this page up to date with work for the coming month. And we will update on progress regularly too.
We will be resurfacing the following roads in May and June.
- A6 Matlock Street, Bakewell, from Granby Road to Holywell junction
- A6 Haddon Road, Bakewell, from Haddon Road/Agricultural Way allotments to Intake Lane
- A6 (Dale Road), Matlock, from Snitterton Road to John Hadfield House
- Burlow Road, Buxton – from Heathfield Nook Road to Grinlow Road
- A6 Bakewell Road, Buxton from Morrisons roundabout to Fairfield Road
- A6187 Castleton Road, Hope, from Pindale Road to Edale Road and the junction with Marsh Avenue
- A6187 Castleton Road, Hope – from Railway Bridge to Warehouse Lane
- A610 Market Place, Codnor – approaches to traffic lights
- A608 Derby Road, Langley Mill - roundabout outside Lidl, junction with Enterprise Way
- A609 Nottingham Road, Ilkeston – from County Boundary to Adam Street
This work will in the main be carried out at night, from 6pm to midnight, and we will need to close the roads so diversions will be in place. To find out exact times and dates please visit One Network and search for the road you are interested in.
At the end of June we will update this page to let you know which jobs we have finished, and to give a list of the roads we will be working on in July. If we get a long period of very wet weather the programme could be delayed.
Find out more about how we resurface or surface dress roads.