We'll be resurfacing, and surface dressing parts of more than 325 roads, spending in the region of £10 million. During March and April 2021 our highways workers and an external contractor have been busy getting these roads ready to be resurfaced or surface dressed by filling in any potholes or fixing any defects.
Our contractors started on our road resurfacing programme mid May, and on our surface dressing programme in July 2021. To make work more efficient the jobs have been grouped together so that all those in an area are carried out at around the same time.
We'll keep this page up to date with work for the coming month. And we'll update on progress regularly too.
We'll be resurfacing these roads in September and October:
- A619 (Chesterfield Road), Brimington
- A61 (Horns Bridge roundabout), Chesterfield
- A617 (southbound duals), Chesterfield – approach to Horns Bridge roundabout
- A619 (West Bars roundabout), Chesterfield
- A6 (Chapel by-pass), Bridgemont – northbound approach to Bridgemont roundabout
- A623 (Calver Road – Shay Bend), Baslow
- A52 (Derby Road), Yeldersley
- A619 (De Rhodes roundabout), Barlborough
- A6135 (westbound duals) Barlborough
- A6135 Station Road Renishaw
This work will in the main be carried out at night, from 6pm to midnight, and we'll need to close the roads so diversions will be in place. To find out exact times and dates please visit One Network and search for the road you are interested in.
Find out more about how we resurface or surface dress roads.