To reduce the transmission of coronavirus, the government has advised people to avoid non-essential use of public transport when possible.
To enable bus operators to cope with reduced staff availability, and because of greatly reduced numbers of passengers, many bus services in Derbyshire will be running to temporary timetables during the coronavirus emergency.
As the situation may change frequently and at short notice, intending passengers are strongly advised to check operators' websites. These websites will be the most frequently updated and most reliable sources of information.
Read coronavirus public transport advice.
Most buses are operated commercially by companies such as Trent Barton, Stagecoach and Arriva. Many others are run under contract to us.
We promote the use of buses and trains in a variety of ways:
- providing socially-necessary local bus services
- providing home-to-school transport
- part-funding the 'Traveline' telephone enquiry service
- publishing comprehensive timetable books and route maps
- maintaining the online journey planner and timetable finder database
- funding and administering concessionary fares for disabled and elderly people, children and students
- supporting community transport
- supporting the development of train services
- promoting the Derbyshire Wayfarer day rover ticket
- developing local transport plans and policies
Public Transport Unit
Derbyshire County Council