New bus only Wayfarer ticket to be introduced from 24 April 2023
Read more about the new bus only Wayfarer ticket
Up-to-date timetable information can be found at public transport in Derbyshireor by visiting individual bus operators' websites.
National Bus Strategy
As part of our response to the government's new National Bus Strategy we have produced a Bus Service Improvement Plan (BSIP) which is available on public transport in Derbyshire setting out our ambitious plans to change bus services for the better in Derbyshire from 2022/23.
The BSIP contains a variety of proposals including:
- measures to improve bus service reliability and journeys times
- improvements in the frequency and hours of operation of key services
- new ticketing arrangements to make bus travel more affordable and integrated
- an expansion in the number of areas where Demand Responsive Transport services are available
- improvements to bus service information including an increase in the number of roadside electronic real time information signs at bus stops
- measures to improve integration between different bus services and between bus and rail including the development of transport hubs at key locations to help bring services together
The BSIP sets out the programme for how these measures will be introduced over the 5 years up to 2027/28 and the funding we are asking government to provide to help pay for them.
Bus timetable publications
We have suspended the publication of our timetable books due to the frequent changes to bus services in response to the coronavirus pandemic.