Platinum Jubilee Bank holiday Thursday 2 June to Sunday 5 June 2022
On the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Bank Holidays, on 2 and 3 June, bus services in Derbyshire will generally run to Sunday timetables except that in Derby, Arriva will be operating a Saturday service
On Saturday 4 June a normal Saturday bus service will operate in Derby and Derbyshire
On Sunday 5 June a normal Sunday bus service will operate everywhere
National Bus Strategy
As part of our response to the government's new National Bus Strategy we have produced a Bus Service Improvement Plan (BSIP) setting out our ambitious plans to change bus services for the better in Derbyshire from 2022/23.
The BSIP contains a variety of proposals including:
- measures to improve bus service reliability and journeys times
- improvements in the frequency and hours of operation of key services
- new ticketing arrangements to make bus travel more affordable and integrated
- an expansion in the number of areas where Demand Responsive Transport services are available
- improvements to bus service information including an increase in the number of roadside electronic real time information signs at bus stops
- measures to improve integration between different bus services and between bus and rail including the development of transport hubs at key locations to help bring services together
The BSIP sets out the programme for how these measures will be introduced over the 5 years up to 2027/28 and the funding we are asking government to provide to help pay for them.
Bus timetable publications
We have suspended the publication of our timetable books due to the frequent changes to bus services in response to the coronavirus pandemic.