From 24 April 2023 there will be a new Derbyshire Wayfarer Bus ticket to complement the existing Wayfarer Bus and Train ticket.
You can also use the Wayfarer ticket to travel between Derbyshire and Sheffield city centre, Burton-on-Trent town centre, Macclesfield town centre, Leek town centre and Uttoxeter town centre on direct journeys to and from Derbyshire. Check where you can use your Wayfarer ticket.
Derbyshire Wayfarer bus ticket prices
- Wayfarer bus 1 day adult £8 (introductory price)
- Wayfarer bus 1 day concession - young person £6 (introductory price)
- Wayfarer bus 1 day group £15.50 (introductory price)
- Wayfarer bus 7 day adult £33 (introductory price)
- Wayfarer bus 7 day concession - young person £24.60 (introductory price)
Derbyshire Wayfarer bus and train ticket prices
- £14 for an adult
- £7 for a senior citizen (aged 60 or over), a child under 16 or a holder of a Gold Card or other English National Concessionary Travel Scheme (ENCTS) pass
- £25.20 for a group of up to 2 adults and up to 3 children
Once purchased, tickets are not refundable. Please note we no longer use the journey information on the back of used tickets so please do not send any used tickets back to us.
Where to buy Derbyshire Wayfarer tickets
Derbyshire Wayfarer Bus tickets are available from Travel Master.
You can buy day versions of all Derbyshire Wayfarer tickets on the day of travel from the drivers of these local buses:
- Arriva Midlands
- Derbyshire Community Transport
- High Peak
- Midland Classic
- Notts & Derby
- Stagecoach in Chesterfield
- Stagecoach Mansfield
- TM Travel
- Trent Barton
Tickets are also valid on First South Yorkshire service 272 but cannot be purchased on First Buses. The tickets are valid for travel on Skylink and My15 services operated by Trent Barton and Kinch in Derbyshire as far as Shardlow on skylink Derby, and Sawley square on skylink Nottingham and My15, but not to East Midlands Airport.
These railway station ticket offices also sell Derbyshire Wayfarer bus and train tickets on the day of travel:
- Long Eaton
- New Mills Central - only open on Mondays to Fridays, until 1pm
- New Mills Newtown - only open on Mondays to Fridays, until 1pm
Nottingham and Beeston stations sell special Derbyshire Wayfarer tickets which also include rail travel from those stations to Long Eaton or Langley Mill. These tickets are priced at £18.30 (adult) and £9.20 (concessionary). Group tickets are not available from these stations.
Derbyshire Wayfarer tickets cannot be purchased on-board trains, at unstaffed stations, or from station ticket machines.
You can also buy Derbyshire Wayfarer tickets in advance, or on the day you wish to travel, from the following outlets:
- tourist information centres in Bakewell, Buxton, Castleton, Chesterfield, Derby and Edale
- the bus travel office at Derby Bus Station
- New Mills Heritage Centre
- Redfern's Cottage Museum, Uttoxeter
- libraries in Alfreton, Belper, Dronfield, Glossop, Heanor, Ilkeston, Long Eaton, Matlock, Melbourne, Swadlincote
You cannot obtain Wayfarer tickets from our offices, either over the phone or by post. We apologise for any problems this might cause.