All 9 of our household waste recycling centres across Derbyshire are open 7 days per week, except Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.
Please note the following important points:
- sort your waste into different types before you arrive
- avoid busy periods if possible such as weekends and between 10am and 4pm
- we only accept household waste and no commercial waste will be accepted
- please use your kerbside collection bins as much as possible – check your district and borough council websites for details on what you can put in each bin
Help us keep you safe
- drive slowly and carefully
- keep children (under 16) and pets in the car
- wear gloves to avoid injuries from carrying waste
- wear sensible shoes to prevent injury
- take care around kerbs and steps
- no smoking on site
Find out everything you need to know including when you can visit, what's accepted, important safety information and opening times.
How you can help
Please do all you can to minimise the amount of waste you produce and use your local district or borough council kerbside recycling collections as you would normally.
Composting is a great way to get rid of your garden waste and kitchen scraps. We have advice to make the most of the food you have and there is further information on Love Food Hate Waste.
Avoid placing items that you'd normally put in your recycling bin in your general waste bin. This takes up space in the collection vehicles needed for general household rubbish
Please do not burn any waste or leave it outside our recycling centres. Leaving waste at the gates or anywhere else is classed as fly tipping and is a criminal offence for which you could be prosecuted and fined up to £50,000 – even if you didn't dump it. The sites are under CCTV surveillance at all times.
Use a registered waste carrier if you are arranging for someone else to take your waste away.
What to do with certain types of waste
Guidance for households with possible coronavirus (COVID-19) infection
Personal waste (such as used tissues) and disposable cleaning cloths can be stored securely within disposable rubbish bags. These bags should be placed into another bag, tied securely and kept separate from other waste.
This should be put aside for at least 72 hours before being put in your usual external household waste bin. Gov.uk has more information about cleaning at home.