Light bulbs can be taken to any of our household waste recycling centres. They'll be taken away by a specialist contractor for recycling.
Other hazardous household waste
Small amounts of hazardous household waste such as pesticides, mercury and petrol can be taken to one of our household waste recycling centres (maximum of 5 litres or 5kg).
Please tell our site staff and they will ensure that the materials are placed in a secure storage container.
If you have a larger quantity of these hazardous household wastes, or you're unable to take it to a recycling centre, please contact us for advice.
When contacting us we'll need as much information about the items including:
- any brand names
- how many containers you have
- the size of the containers
- the type of container, for example, a plastic bottle or tin can
Hazardous waste we cannot accept
We cannot accept:
- drums or containers over 5 litres are not considered to be household waste
- waste from farms, building renovations or left on your property by building contractors