Light bulbs can be taken to any of our household waste recycling centres. They will be taken away by a specialist contractor for recycling.
Other hazardous household waste
Small amounts of hazardous household waste such as pesticides, mercury and petrol can be taken to one of our household waste recycling centres (maximum of five litres or five kg).
Please tell our site staff and they will ensure that the materials are placed in a secure storage container.
If you have a larger quantity of these hazardous household wastes, or you are unable to take it to a recycling centre, please contact us for advice.
When contacting us we will need as much information about the items including:
- any brand names
- how many containers you have
- the size of the containers
- the type of container, for example, a plastic bottle or tin can
You can contact us on 01629 538532 or email email@example.com.
Hazardous waste we can't accept
- drums or containers over 5 litres are not considered to be household waste
- waste from farms, building renovations or left on your property by building contractors
These wastes will not be accepted at our household waste recycling centres.
If you have hazardous waste which we will not accept, or if you are a commercial organisation, we can provide advice on disposal. Contact us on 01629 538532 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.