Alert close - icon Fill 1 Copy 10 Untitled-1 tt copy 3 Untitled-1 Untitled-1 tt copy 3 Fill 1 Copy 10 menu Group 3 Group 3 Copy 3 Group 3 Copy Page 1 Group 2 Group 2 Skip to content

Personal care in your home

Home care services enable you to remain living in your own home for as long as possible.

If you want personal care to help you live at home or get out and about these are your options:

  • a personal assistant employed directly by you
  • our home care services
  • accredited home care service agency listed in our Derbyshire care services directory
  • non-accredited home care service agency

Our home care services

If you've had an assessment of your needs and your support plan states your needs can be met by a home care service, you can choose our direct care services or use an independent sector supplier.

You can refer yourself for an assessment by contacting Call Derbyshire, tel: 01629 533190.

Our home care services can help with daily living tasks such as:

  • getting up and going to bed
  • washing
  • dressing
  • meals
  • helping you to move from place to place – such as from bed to a chair, with aid of special equipment where appropriate
  • practical tasks such as shopping (including taking you to the shop), pension collection or cleaning
  • support with finances such as paying bills
  • support for carers such as sitting services
  • assistance with medication
You can view a list of our registered home care services. Our home care services are registered by geographical area.

Independent sector home care agencies

If you're self-funding your support or have a personal budget you may need to identify a care agency that can provide staff who can do the tasks that you require. You can use any of the following to find a provider:

You may ask a care agency to find a carer. But you do not take on any responsibilities as an employer because the carer works for the agency.

You can check if an agency is registered and inspected on the Care Quality Commission website and if we accredit and contract with the agency in our care services directory.

Non-accredited care providers

If you get a direct payment or are a self-funder you can use an unaccredited care provider. This means that they are not contracted with us, but are registered with the Care Quality Commission.