You may need help with day-to-day tasks like preparing meals, shopping, cleaning and laundry.
You may also need help caring for someone else.
There are services that can help you, or the person you care for, to be independent for as long as possible. They could be provided by voluntary or charitable organisations, and independent companies.
We may also be able to offer help if you're eligible.
If you have served in the military, you and your dependents or carers may also be eligible for support from the Royal British Legion.
Help with shopping and meals
Many larger supermarkets will deliver food and frozen meals if you're able to order online.
For details about local private meal providers who specialise in older or vulnerable people, contact Call Derbyshire, tel: 01629 533190.
The following are local community volunteer services who can provide help with shopping:
- Amber Valley CVS, tel: 01773 512 076
- Bolsover Together, tel: 01909 476118 or tel: 01246 60 50 75
- Buxton Volunteer Centre (for High Peak), tel: 01298 23970
- Connex Community Support (Derbyshire Dales), tel: 01335 348600
- Derbyshire Dales CVS, tel: 01629 812 154
- Erewash CVS, tel: 0115 946 6740
- Glossop and District Volunteer Bureau, tel: 01457 865 722
- High Peak CVS, tel: 01663 735350
- Peaks and Dales CVS (Ashbourne), tel: 01335 348600
- South Derbyshire CVS, tel: 01283 219761
- The Volunteer Centre (Chesterfield and North East Derbyshire), tel: 01246 276777
Help with housework and laundry
If you need help with day-to-day tasks in the home, such as cleaning, laundry, washing up or gardening, you can contact a charity such as Royal Voluntary Service, the British Red Cross, or your local Age UK.
One of the local community volunteer services listed in the previous section may also be able to help.
Please note these services may involve paying a fee.
You can also find independent cleaners and laundry services in the Trusted Trader directory. Call Derbyshire can help you access the register, tel: 01629 533190.