Bringing up children is exciting and enjoyable, it can also be demanding, tiring and stressful – we all need some help at times.
We may be able to help by:
- giving you a chance to talk about the problems
- providing information, advice, practical help and support in your home
- helping with information about local nurseries, child minders, playgroups, parent and toddler groups, and short breaks for children with special needs
- supporting young people with their problems
- helping you share concerns about a child's safety or welfare with the right people who can make a difference
In addition to supporting families we also have a legal duty to protect children and young people who are at risk of neglect or abuse and support them if a court decides they can no longer remain with their own family.
If you are worried about a child's safety please contact Call Derbyshire tel: 01629 533190 straight away.
Derbyshire always needs adoptive families and foster carers. If you could give a child a home why not visit our adoption and fostering pages to find out more.