A Fair Deal for Derbyshire
- a Derbyshire that works
- a healthy Derbyshire
- a safer Derbyshire
- a Derbyshire that cares
- a local Derbyshire
Whether you currently work or volunteer within the sector or are considering working or volunteering there are workforce training opportunities that may be available to support you in your role.
Effective practice in the children and younger people's workforce requires committed, enthusiastic and reflective practitioners with a range and depth of knowledge, skills and understanding.
Through initial and ongoing training and development, practitioners need to develop, demonstrate and improve their:
- awareness of safeguarding and child protection
- health and safety awareness in practice
- active risk assessment
- current legislation
- relationships with children, young people and families
- understanding of the individual and the diverse ways that children and young people learn
- knowledge and understanding in order to actively support and extend children's learning in and across all areas and aspects of learning
- practice in meeting all children's needs, learning styles and interests
- work with parents, carers and the wider community
- work with other professional in a multi-agency capacity
- service for care of children and young people with differing abilities, needs, racial identity, sexual identity, cultural and religious background
We're committed to developing a multi-agency approach to the training and development of Derbyshire's children and young people. Our workforce strategy has more information.