Alert close - icon Fill 1 Copy 10 Untitled-1 tt copy 3 Untitled-1 Untitled-1 tt copy 3 Fill 1 Copy 10 menu Group 3 Group 3 Copy 3 Group 3 Copy Page 1 Group 2 Group 2 Skip to content

Information for care and health service professionals and providers

Information for health and social care professionals and providers of care and support services for adults. If you're looking for a local care service for yourself, a family member or friend, please see our care services directory.

a younger and older person holding hands

There is also information on how professionals can make referrals to adult care.

Handling complaints

All health and social care providers must, by law, have a complaints procedure. The adult care complaints procedure explains how we will assist with complaints made against independent providers.

Where it is assessed that an individual or group could be at risk of significant harm or abuse a referral should be made to us and we will decide if a safeguarding investigation is required.

Any complaints must be considered alongside the safeguarding adults policy.

Contracting and commissioning

As well as providing our own direct care services, we also purchase services from other providers such as day services, home care services and community based services. This is called contracting.

We also commission services from the voluntary sector and other providers to support our statutory requirements under the Care Act. Our commissioning team work to ensure high quality care and support services are available to meet the needs of the local population.

Inspection and regulation

Under the Health and Social Care Act 2008, all health and adult social care providers who carry out regulated activities must be registered with the Care Quality Commission.