We can help you find out about the benefits you're entitled to and how to claim, including:
- carrying out a benefit check – are you receiving your full benefit entitlement?
- which benefits to claim and how to claim them
- payments being suspended or benefit claims ending
- moving your existing benefits to a Universal Credit claim
- challenging decisions made by the benefits authorities
- preparing appeals and representing you at benefit tribunal hearings
If you disagree with a benefits decision time limits usually apply so you need to seek advice about challenging the decision right away.
To get help:
Other local benefits advice
Citizens Advice and Derbyshire Unemployed Workers' Centres can also offer benefits advice and may be able to arrange a face-to-face appointment, particularly if you need help completing a benefit claim form.
Being on a low income can cause a lot of stress and worry. If you are struggling emotionally you can talk to the Samaritans at any time of the day or night, tel: 116 123.