We can help with advice and can take on any representation that you may need, including:
- dealing with welfare benefits and tax credits, sometimes referred to as social security
- advice over the phone about which benefits to claim and how to claim them
- sending out claim forms and advising on how to challenge decisions by the benefits authorities
- helping you if you don't agree with a decision made about your benefit claim, including preparing appeals and representing you at tribunal hearings
If you disagree with a benefits decision time limits usually apply so you need to seek advice about challenging the decision right away.
To get help:
- email: email@example.com
- tel: 01629 531535 from 11am to 4pm on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
- print off the benefit check sheet attached to this page and send it to us
- If you have a social worker you can ask them to make a referral
Benefit changes and coronavirus
The benefits information on these web pages is up-to-date. It describes the way the system works under normal circumstances.
During the coronavirus outbreak there have been temporary changes to benefits rules, some of which are still in place, some of which no longer apply.
The major changes can be seen on our news page.
For further information on the latest coronavirus related rules, please contact our helpline using the contact information above.