If you would like digital copies of your own old documents and photographs, our expert staff can copy these for you using the record office's professional digitisation equipment. This service is also available for heritage and other organisations.
This service is also available for heritage and other organisations.
We're able to digitise:
- diaries, journals and other bound volumes
- letters, maps and other documents
- drawings, watercolours and other 2-dimensional works of art
Why choose our digitisation service?
- we have a state-of-the-art digitisation system, including a book cradle for safely copying bound volumes
- our staff are highly trained in handling delicate historical records
- whilst in our care, your records will be secure in one of our archive stores
- we provide high quality images of at least 300 pixels per inch
- we give you the option of having your images saved as TIFFs or JPGs
- we put the images on a CD for free, or for a small charge on a USB stick
The cost is calculated according to staff time; our standard half-hourly charge applies. See our fees and charges for more information.
Ask us for a quote
If you would like to use our digitisation service, please fill in a digitising history quote request form attached to this page and email: email@example.com