In response to the Coronavirus outbreak, protecting staff and all Derbyshire residents is our top priority, so from 5pm on Friday 20 March, until further notice, all libraries, mobile libraries, Derbyshire Record Office and Buxton Museum will close to the public.
We have a variety of free digital resources available to all customers including eBooks, eMagazines, eAudiobooks and eNewspapers.
No charges will be applied to any library books currently on loan throughout this period.
For ideas on activities and reading please visit Derbyshire Libraries on Facebook and Derbyshire Libraries on Twitter.
If you have any enquiries please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 01629 533444.
For more information read our full press release.
Did you know that as well as being able to borrow books for free you can:
- use computers for free and access the internet
- log on to subscription websites in your local library for free
- browse our full catalogue of items from the comfort of your own home
Renew your library books
- a network of branch and mobile libraries
- more than a million books, CDs and DVDs in stock
- a home library service
- a free information service hotline
- eBooks, eAudiobooks and eMagazines free to download from home
- large print books
- local and family history resources
- events for all ages
Library bye-laws and regulations
The bye-laws attached to this page are rules to be followed when using Derbyshire libraries and their associated services. The regulations were made under the Public Libraries and Museums Act 1964.