Find your local library
There are more than 400 computers in Derbyshire libraries, used by about 12,000 people every week.
Computers can be booked, by logging onto the Netloan booking system, phoning your local library or you can also visit your library and use a computer straight away, if one is free.
Booking using the Netloan system
- Click the Book a computer online link.
- Log into the online booking system by entering your library card number and your PIN (your PIN is the first two digits and the last two digits of your date of birth. So, if you were born on 3 February 1970, your PIN would be 0370).
- Click login, the Netloan computer booking system will open in a new window.
- Click on the blue ‘reservations’ tab on the right hand side of the screen.
- Click on the ‘reservation wizard’ near the top of the screen.
- Follow the instructions on screen to select; the library (site), computer (unit group), Date and time, click on the unit name that you wish to book.
- Finally your reservation will be displayed on the screen click ‘submit’ to confirm your booking.
- you can book a computer for up to an hour at a time
- you can have up to two reservations at one time
- You can book up to a week ahead
- You will not be able to login to the Netloan system if you have any overdue books or library fines, in which case please contact your local library.
On library computers you can:
- surf the web
- use email
- create your own documents using Microsoft Word and Excel
- develop presentations and publications with Microsoft Powerpoint and Publisher.
- Store your own documents and files on your own internet based storage or USB sticks (we have USB sticks available for sale in libraries if required)
To protect user privacy it's not possible to save work onto the library computers.
Computers may not be used to watch live television broadcasts.
All libraries offer printing facilities, it costs 10p per page.