Find your local library
You can book a computer, by logging onto the Netloan booking system or phoning your local library. You can also visit your library and use a computer straightaway, if one is free.
How to book a computer
- Visit the Netloan system.
- Log into the online booking system by entering your library card number and your PIN (your PIN is the first 2 digits and the last 2 digits of your date of birth. So, if you were born on 3 February 1970, your PIN would be 0370).
- The Netloan computer booking system will open in a new window.
- Choose ‘reservations’.
- Choose the ‘reservation wizard’.
- Follow the instructions on screen to select the library (site), computer (unit group), date and time, then click on the unit name that you wish to book.
- Finally your reservation will be displayed on the screen, so click ‘submit’ to confirm your booking.
- you can book a computer for up to an hour at a time
- you can have up to 2 reservations at one time
- you can book up to a week ahead
- you will not be able to log in to the Netloan system if you have any overdue books or library fines, in which case please contact your local library
On library computers you can:
- surf the web
- use email
- create your own documents using Microsoft Word and Excel
- develop presentations and publications with Microsoft PowerPoint and Publisher
- store your own documents and files on your own internet based storage or USB sticks (we have USB sticks available for sale if you need one)
To protect your privacy it isn't possible to save work onto the library computers.
Computers may not be used to watch live television broadcasts.
All libraries offer printing facilities, it costs 10p per page.