The Library Information Service
Tel: 01629 533 444
Services available for deaf and hearing impaired people:
- Derbyshire Library Service is registered with Typetalk
- Materials to support BSL courses
- Staff members trained in BSL
- Makaton resources
- Chesterfield Library has a wide range of material relating to issues around Deafness, Deaf Culture and Deaf fiction
Services available for visually impaired people:
Local history audio books
This is a collection of local history books read onto CD by volunteers. The collection is based at Chesterfield Library but can be made available at your local library.
Suggestions for new titles are always welcome. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer reader for this collection please contact Sandra Rollinson at Chesterfield Library
These are readers' groups aimed at visually impaired people. They are held at Chesterfield, Dronfield, Buxton and Bolsover Libraries.
Community transport may be provided for people who are unable to use public transport.
Resources for people with Learning Disabilities
- Friendly DVDs
- Skills for Life books
- A range of games and materials to help adults and children overcome difficulties associated with dyslexia
This is a collection of materials including books, quiz books and picture cards to help with reminiscence therapy. This is useful for patients recovering from strokes and head injuries or those with Alzheimer’s disease.