To find out more information about our services and how you can access them, view our British Sign Language (BSL) videos on this page or visit our sensory impairment pages.
SignLive online video interpreters
To use SignLive on a smart phone or tablet you'll need a device with a front facing camera. You'll also need:
You'll need to create a SignLive account to use the app. You can do this online or through the SignLive app by clicking 'need a new account?' once it's downloaded.
Once you've finished creating your account SignLive will send you a confirmation email and you'll need to click on the 'confirm' link. If you don't receive the email check your junk mail box.
Once confirmed, to contact us you will need to log into the app using your account and select 'Derbyshire County Council' from the directory.
Press on the telephone number to be connected to a BSL interpreter. Tell the interpreter you want to contact Derbyshire County Council and the interpreter will make the call.
SignLive on a PC or laptop
To use SignLive on a PC or laptop you'll need:
- a PC or Mac that runs Windows and has a webcam
- a modern browser such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, Windows version 8 or 9 can be used but will need a plug in
To start using SignLive on your PC or laptop:
- Go to SignLive BSL Live and search for 'Derbyshire County Council' and select 'connect'- this will start the call.
- Tell the SignLive interpreter you are calling Derbyshire County Council.
- You will be connected to an accessible customer advisor.
If using SignLive on a PC or laptop, you're advised to create a SignLive account.
Other ways to contact us
You can make general enquiries to us onlineor you can text us on 86555.
Publications in BSL
We provide a number of publications in BSL video format including:
- Guide to Carers Services
- Guide to Adult Care
- Keeping Adults Safe
- First Contact Derbyshire Signposting Scheme
- Putting People First
The videos are available to view on the adult care YouTube playlist.