Derbyshire is the perfect place to explore for people of all abilities.
Traffic-free trails, bridleways and byways connect beautiful countryside and quiet villages through green hills and rugged open moorland.
Access Derbyshire is an initiative aimed at improving countryside access for all people.
Our 300km of greenways are predominantly accessible for wheelchairs, mobility scooters and anyone who wants easy access to the beautiful Derbyshire countryside.
The network has only gentle gradients and easy start and finish locations.
You can now hire a 'tramper' scooter, designed to cope with rough and tough terrain.
They give people with mobility problems the chance to get out and about in the Derbyshire countryside, from our countryside sites.
We have bought 10 mobility scooters that are available to hire in advance from:
- Shipley Country Park tel: 01629 533991
- Elvaston Castle Country Park tel: 01629 533870
- Middleton Top Visitor Centre tel: 01629 533298
- Tapton Lock Visitor Centre tel: 01629 533020
- Creswell Crags Museum and Education Centre tel: 01909 720378
- High Peak Junction tel: 01629 533298
Access for All countryside sites
The following countryside sites all have easy Access For All:
To request further information or to send us your comments please email: firstname.lastname@example.org