Low carbon webinar
Due to COVID-19, many of the planned international exchanges, trade shows and projects between Derbyshire and Toyota City were unable to go ahead during 2020/21.
Communication between the 2 regions continued, and it was agreed that webinars to discuss themes of the Toyota City Partnership would be a progressive way to further develop the link.
The first webinar took place on 17 November 2021, based on the theme of low carbon. Speakers were chosen to showcase relevant initiatives and to kick start environmental collaboration projects between the 2 regions.
Speakers from Derbyshire included senior representatives from Derbyshire County Council, Derby University, Derby City Council, The National Forest and TMUK. Speakers from Japan were senior representatives from Toyota City Council.
Future plans are to hold webinars between Derbyshire and Toyota City on the 5 themes of the TCPB:
- Councillor Tony King, Cabinet Member for Clean Growth and Regeneration (Chair of TCPB), Derbyshire County Council - opening and closing remarks
- Caroline Topliss, Programme Manager for Climate Change, Derbyshire County Council - overview of Derbyshire County Council Climate Change Policy
- Professor Chris Bussell, Pro Vice-Chancellor/Dean, University of Derby - DUST Derby Urban Sustainable Transport
- John Everitt, Chief Executive Officer, National Forest - Timber festival
- Verna Bayliss, Strategic Partnerships Manager, Derby City Council - T-Dream
- Rob Gorton, Senior Manager Corporate Planning and External Affairs, TMUK - TMUK's approach to sustainability
Toyota City speakers:
- Tadahiro Kasuya, Director of Internationalisation Promotion Division, Toyota City Council - opening and closing remarks
- Ryo Aikawa, Chief Environmental Policy Division, Toyota City Council - overview of TCC Environmental Policy
- Yuki Maeda, Senior Staff of Advanced Promotion Division, Toyota City Council - Ecoful Town Project
- Kazunori Shima, Chief of Transportation Policy Division, Toyota City Council - Hydrogen Transportation