We have embarked on numerous international partnerships over the years to deliver projects for mutual economic, cultural, and educational benefits.
Aims and benefits of international links
The aims and benefits of international links include:
- economic development opportunities
- tourism promotion and inward investment
- exchanging experience and best practice in terms of strategy, policy and development
- promoting cultural exchange to broaden minds and enrich the lives of citizens
- enhancement of youth activities, educational projects and exchanges: to equip youngsters for life in a global society
- promoting community cohesion, tolerance and understanding
- supporting international cultural and sporting ambitions
- developing language skills and raising expectations
- forming purposeful and long-lasting global friendships
Our most significant relationship is with Toyota City in Aichi Province, Japan. This relationship was formalised in 1998.