In addition, we aim to:
- Tell you who is dealing with your enquiry within three working days of receipt.
- Keep you informed of the progress of your enquiry at regular intervals.
- Let you know the outcome of your enquiry, or tell you the reasons why we cannot progress it.
- Give a high priority to matters involving safety and other urgent issues.
- Provide verification of weighing and measuring equipment on request.
How to ensure satisfaction
- With your help we will work to improve our services wherever possible.
- We would like to hear your views, good or bad, about the service we provide.
- If you want to make a comment, compliment or complaint about any of our services, please contact contact us.
We would like to point out, however, that there are some things we can't do, including:
- Closing down businesses.
- Automatically getting you a refund or a replacement.
- Giving out information about businesses.
- Making appointments for all our visits to businesses.
Business Advice and Enquiries Policy
Trading Standards has developed a Business Advice and Enquiries Policy which explains the way we work with businesses and describes the circumstances which could lead to your business being contacted by a trading standards officer.
Consumer Advice and Enquiries Policy
Trading Standards has developed a Consumer Advice and Enquiries Policy which sets out in detail how we deal with consumer enquiries and how we prioritise the work that we do. Please use the link below to look at it.