Find out more about what we do, our service standards, and our compliance policy.
The commissioning, communities and policy service delivery plan attached to this page sets out what is planned for trading standards for the coming year.
For a straightforward explanation of our services, please see the document attached to this page.
There is also information attached about how we assess and prioritise complaints and enquiries to our service.
Please let us know your views or make any comments or suggestions about our service.
Our vision is to support local businesses, help consumers and tackle unfair and unsafe trading practices.
We aim to achieve our vision by:
- working in partnership with Citizens Advice to help local people who have a problem with something that they have bought
- working in partnership with other agencies and organisations to achieve our objectives
- advising and educating consumers, businesses, schools and other groups about trading standards issues
- responding to complaints and enquiries from consumers and businesses
- ensuring compliance with Trading Standards legislation by education, advice, inspection and investigation
- examining business practices to ensure that consumers are getting a fair deal
- taking legal action against traders who neglect their legal responsibilities or who deliberately set out to harm the interests of consumers or legitimate businesses
- being accessible and responsive
- being open, honest and consistent
- being committed to continuous improvement
To find out more about trading standards and what we do in the information attached to this page.