Search for jobs
There are a number of benefits for you from applying online which include:
- The information you give us when you register on the job site, and before you apply for a job such as in the 'employment history' section, is automatically included in your online application, saving you time. You can update the information held in these sections whenever you need to
- You can part complete an application form, save it and come back to it, and work on it and submit it later or on another day. You can also print off a copy at home
- Applying online gives you access to your application form, advert, and any other recruitment documents throughout the recruitment process, even after the job has closed
- You can track the progress of your application online, for example, to see if you have been shortlisted
- You’ll receive communications about the recruitment process more quickly, by email rather than letter, including any invitations to interview
- You’ll be able to view any communication as soon as it is sent to you by logging into your account
- You can search for specific types of jobs and then set up a job alert which will ensure you receive an email anytime a similar post is advertised
Alternative ways to apply
There are still ways to apply if you're unable to do so online.
If you do apply offline, please provide your email address if you have one, as this will ensure we send you any communication by email so you receive it as quickly as possible.
You can complete either a PDF or Word version of our online application form. These are attached to this page.
This form can be printed out, completed by you and then sent by post to:
Derbyshire County Council
Shared Services Centre
John Hadfield House
or completed as a Word document and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
If applying by post or email please make sure that
- the vacancy reference number is entered on the form
- we receive your application before the closing date.
You can request an application pack by telephone.
You can also request an application pack by contacting Call Derbyshire on 01629 533190, quoting the reference number of the vacancy.
Please make sure there is enough time between you requesting an application pack and the closing date as it will take a minimum of 2 working days to receive your pack through the post.
Completed applications should be returned to the address above.
Help if you're disabled
We are a Disability Confident Employer. If you're disabled and looking for employment with us, we're keen to hear from you. If you meet the essential criteria for a job, we guarantee to give you an interview. If you need advice or support with your application or need the recruitment documents in another format such as audio, Easy Read or braille, or wish to discuss related issues, please contact the Disability Employment Service on 01629 532451. They offer general help with job searches, applications and reasonable adjustments.