Find out what else we are doing to help cut carbon emissions in our journey to net zero Derbyshire.
We have 116 sites across the county where our school crossing patrols teams operate. We're always looking out for new people to join our friendly team.
Are you what we are looking for? We're looking for friendly people to help Derbyshire children stay safe on the roads.
No formal qualifications are needed, just a natural rapport with children and adults, alongside an awareness of road safety.
If you've got the people skills to deal with children, drivers, parents and teachers, we'll train you in the professional skills to confidently manage the traffic.
You'll be paid throughout the school holidays and there are experienced supervisors to support you with the role.
You'll need to be happy working in all weathers and we'll provide you with waterproof, high visibility uniforms.
School crossing patrols need to be able to work every day of the school term.
Shift patterns are in a morning and afternoon at times that supports each individual school start and finish times.
You'll need to be aged between 18 and 80 years old and you'll need to take part in a disclosure and barring check.
You'll need to have:
- a responsible attitude to road safety
- ability to communicate clearly
- ability to give clear decisive signals
- good eyesight, hearing and general health
- ability to work on your own initiative
- willingness to undergo training
Full uniform and training are provided, along with a good hourly rate of pay - currently £9.18 per hour. You'll also be paid through the school holidays.
Apply for a school crossing patrol job
We have vacancies in the following areas.
- Packhorse Road, Melbourne - Melbourne Infant School and Melbourne Junior School
- Egginton Road, Etwall - Etwall Primary School and John Port School
- Moira Road, Woodville - Granville Academy, Woodville CE Junior School and Woodville Infant School
- Egginton Road / Peacroft Lane, Hilton - Hilton Primary School
- Hallowes Lane / Scarsdale Close, Dronfield - Dronfield Infant School and Dronfield Junior School
- Bolsover Road, Shuttlewood - Brockley Primary and Nursery School
- Wirksworth Road, Duffield - Duffield Meadows Primary School
- Belper Road, Stanley Common - Stanley Common CE Voluntary Controlled Primary School
- Hall Lane, Newton - Newton Primary School
- Highfield Lane, Newbold - Highfield Hall Primary School
- Main Road, Hathersage - Hathersage St Michael's CE Voluntary Aided Primary School
- Hady Lane, Chesterfield - Hady Primary School
- Hamlet Lane/Market Street, South Normanton - Glebe Junior School
- Hurds Hollow, Matlock - All Saints Junior School
- Woodville Road, Overseal - Overseal Primary School
- Cavendish Road / Lower Whitworth Road, Ilkeston - Field House Infant School and Hallam Field Junior School
- Waingroves Road, Waingroves Ripley - Waingroves Primary School
- North Street / Wirksworth Road, Cromford - Cromford CE Primary School
- Gomersal Lane / School Lane, Dronfield - Dronfield Junior and Infant Schools
- Handley Road, New Whittington - New Whittington Primary School
- Middlecroft Road / Church Close, Inkersall - Inkersall Primary School