About our policy and research service
The policy and research team are an ambitious, proactive and forward-thinking driver of council strategy and policy, known for its creativity, expertise and skill in supporting the council in the delivery of its ambitions.
The team has supported the development and implementation of our strategic approach focused on vision Derbyshire, thriving communities and enterprising council as well as contributing to a number of priorities set out in the council plan.
Working collaboratively with elected members, executive directors, departments and partner agencies to influence and shape the development of public services across Derbyshire, the policy and research team leads and supports work on:
- horizon scanning, corporate strategy development and the creation of key corporate plans which support the ambitions and the achievement of priorities outlined in the council plan
- arrange of flagship projects and corporate priorities, developing creative approaches to tackle complex challenges such as the devolution and levelling up agenda and the management of multi-community grant schemes
- strategic planning – including the development of council plan and service planning - and corporate performance management, working collaboratively across the council and contributing to the council’s drive to build a high performance culture
- the gathering of data and statistics to evidence and support strategy and policy development as well as leading and developing key areas of work for the council such as the Derbyshire Observatory website and a range of economic and socio-economic reports and analysis
- equalities, diversity and inclusion working collaboratively to ensure this is at the heart of everything the council does
- the strategic development, co-ordination and implementation of the council’s approach to corporate consultation
- the design of new and creative ways of working which will involve communities in shaping the council’s strategic plans and policies and improving how public services connect with people and communities through the thriving communities approach