Trains last ran along the railway line between Matlock and Buxton in 1968. In recent years there have been growing calls for the line to be re-opened.
To see if this is viable from an environmental, engineering and economic viewpoint a feasibility study has been carried out. This study was funded by a partnership of organisations as follows:
- Amber Valley Borough Council
- Buxton and the Peak District SRB 6 Partnership
- Countryside Agency
- Derby City Council
- Derbyshire County Council
- Derbyshire Dales District Council
- East Midlands Development Agency (EMDA)
- European Regional Development Fund (ERDF)
- Government Office for the East Midlands (GOEM)
- High Peak Borough Council
- Peak District National Park Authority
- Peak Park Transport Forum
- Rural Development Programme
- Strategic Rail Authority
- Tarmac plc
To find out more you can view or download the documents attached to this page.
Please note that some of these files are large and may take a while to download.