Some of the situations our staff have faced include:
- drifts higher than Land Rovers
- motorists and lorry drivers stuck in their vehicles overnight
- communities without food, water or heating
- rescuing 15 students with special needs at an outdoor activity centre on the Snake Pass
- finding students who had spent the night in a farm on Rushup Edge
- finding drifts so high they were over houses
- tracking down a family with a 3-month-old child walking on the Snake Pass at night after they had abandoned their car
These are just some of the tasks we have been involved in as well as the standard care work and transporting ambulance crews.
We've worked alongside police, fire and rescue, East Midlands Ambulance Service, Peak District Ranger Service, mountain rescue teams, Peak 4x4 response and gritter crews.
Read more about how we keep Derbyshire moving in extreme weather.