If you or someone you know is struggling with a mental health emergency please read the information on our support in a crisis.
Mental health is an important part of everyone's life and good mental health and wellbeing is directly linked to good physical health.
Positive mental health and wellbeing is also linked to increased life expectancy, improved quality of life, better educational achievement and improved employment prospects.
Mental illness can range from mild bouts of depression to severe conditions such as schizophrenia.
Each year one in 4 people will experience a mental health issue and the most common conditions are anxiety and depression.
On average one or 2 people in 100 will experience a severe mental illness.
Public health plays an important role in the prevention of mental health issues and the promotion of good mental wellbeing.
In this section you will find information about:
- support in a crisis - who to contact if you, or someone you care about, is experiencing mental ill health and is in a crisis or emergency situation
- emotional health and wellbeing - emotional health, or mental wellbeing, is about how you're feeling and how well you can cope with your day to day life
- young people's mental health - we work with lots of different people to help children and young people in Derbyshire improve their mental health and wellbeing
- suicide prevention - we're working with a range of organisations to tackle the complex issue around suicide
- information and contacts - support and advice services in Derbyshire and throughout the country
- mental health training - training to increase awareness, knowledge and skills around mental health