Alert close - icon Fill 1 Copy 10 Untitled-1 tt copy 3 Untitled-1 Untitled-1 tt copy 3 Fill 1 Copy 10 menu Group 3 Group 3 Copy 3 Group 3 Copy Page 1 Group 2 Group 2 Skip to content

View the most up-to-date information about the coronavirus. Find out about new measures at recycling centres and check waiting times

Due to essential maintenance, this website will be unavailable from 5pm to 8pm on Monday 25 May 2020. Apologies for any problems this may cause.

close alert bar

Alcohol and substance use by young people

Concerned that a young person is misusing drugs or alcohol?

If you're worried about a child or young person using alcohol or drugs you can speak to a school nurse or a member of your multi-agency team. Your local multi-agency team can also support families and close friends.

For information about the harmful effects of alcohol or drugs you can contact school nurses, youth workers or Talk to Frank.

Specialist services

If a young person needs more specialist support, to help them reduce, or to stop using substances, a referral can be made to Derbyshire CGL - this is a confidential service for all young people aged from 10 to 19 which aims to help reduce the risks and harm associated with alcohol or drug misuse.

Referrals can be made via Derbyshire CGL. For further information please contact Derbyshire CGL tel: 01773 303646.

If the young person you are concerned about is a child in care, contact us on tel: 07825 116 367.

Service for children affected by the substance misuse of others

The Space 4 U service aims to deliver sessions to support children and young people who are, or who have been, affected by the substance use of other significant people around them. It works on a locality outreach basis, visiting or meeting children and young people where they feel most comfortable to meet, be this at home, school or other safe environment.

Find out more about Space 4 U including how to make a referral. Or you can email: or tel: 01246 277 422.