The Bookstart Baby pack
All children are eligible to receive the Bookstart baby pack.
This pack is for babies aged 0 to 18 months, and is usually given by the health visitors at developmental checks. If you're a parent and you haven't received a pack, you can ask for one from your local library.
The pack contains:
- 2 board books – perfect to enjoy with your baby (titles vary)
- 'Babies Love Books' – a guide to sharing books, top tips and recommendations for more books to share
- Bookstart rhyme poster – great to put up on your wall or fridge to enjoy rhymes together at home every day
- a purple bag with a short handle and zip – practical and stylish for mums, dads and carers
Bookstart for special needs and in other languages
Books and guidance leaflets in a range of languages are offered for families for whom English is a second language.
Packs for children with additional needs include:
- a 'Booktouch' pack for blind and partially sighted children
- a 'Bookshine' pack for deaf or hearing impaired children
- a 'Bookstart Star' pack for children with a condition or disability that delays or impacts on their fine motor skills
These packs have been developed by Bookstart working in partnership with RNIB and the National Deaf Children’s Society.
The additional needs packs can be obtained through health visitors, from any library in Derbyshire, or by contacting Bookstart Coordinator, Janet Winfield, tel: 01629 533400 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions or queries about Bookstart in Derbyshire please email: email@example.com