Site remains open during roadworks
The recycling centre is still operating as normal despite the extensive roadworks which will continue through October 2021. Your journey there and back may take a little longer as the roundabout is controlled by 3-way lights.
Buttermilk Lane is currently closed and is a no through road due to the demolition and reconstruction of the bridges. But the recycling centre is still open and can be accessed by the roundabout which is traffic controlled.
Before you visit
Find out everything you need to know including when you can visit, what's accepted, important safety information on our recycling centre page.
- keep children and pets in cars
- keep your distance from others when on site
- sort your waste into different types before you arrive
- sanitise your hands before arrival and as you leave
- wear protective gloves, appropriate footwear and clothing
- stay at home if you have coronavirus symptoms
Composting is a great way to turn your garden waste and kitchen scraps into a useful compost instead of taking it to our sites. We have advice to make the most of the food you have and there's further information on Love Food Hate Waste.
- open from 8:30am to 6pm daily
- closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day
Bolsover Household Waste Recycling Centre