Before you visit
Find out everything you need to know including when you can visit, what's accepted, important safety information on our recycling centre page.
- keep children and pets in cars
- keep your distance from others when on site
- sort your waste into different types before you arrive
- sanitise your hands before arrival and as you leave
- wear protective gloves, appropriate footwear and clothing
- stay at home if you have coronavirus symptoms
Composting is a great way to turn your garden waste and kitchen scraps into a useful compost instead of taking it to our sites. We have advice on our website to make the most of the food you have and there is further information on Love Food Hate Waste.
- open 8:30am to 6pm daily
- closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day
The recycling centre may have to temporarily close to compact the skips with machinery or other unavoidable operational reasons. We'll keep closures to a minimum.
Ashbourne Household Waste Recycling Centre