Other ways to avoid throwing things away
Find out what you can do instead of throwing things away.
Selling unwanted goods online is easy.
- auction sites or apps
- social media (Facebook market)
You may prefer to sell your goods locally.
- supermarket noticeboard
- local shop window
- workplace intranet
- car boot sales
- antique/vintage shops
- second hand bookshops
- NCT nearly new sales
There are a number of ways you can give your good away for free.
Hire or borrow
You can hire or borrow some items instead of buying them.
- formal clothes hire
- fancy dress hire
- watch films and music online
- furniture rental
- cycle hire
- crockery, glassware and catering equipment hire
- tool, gardening and cleaning equipment hire
- catering supplies
- toy libraries
- from friends, family or other people in your local area