All children are entitled to a full-time reception place in an infant or primary school from the September (start of the academic year) in which they have their fifth birthday.
You can apply for a school place online. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the admissions and transport team on tel: 01629 537479for advice on how to make an application.
- nursery schools provide education for 2 to 4-year-olds
- the primary phase caters for pupils aged 4 to 11
- infant schools cater for 4 to 7-year-olds
- junior schools cater for 7 to 11-year-olds
- primary schools cater for 4 to 11-year-olds
- secondary schools provide education for pupils aged 11 plus
- special schools cater for a variety of different ages - if your child attends a special school, they'll have a statement of special educational needs
Search for a school
You can search for schools and colleges to compare, including a specific type of school, location or Ofsted rating.
Or use the following search which doesn't include any schools outside Derbyshire, within Derby City geographic area, independent schools or early years (private, voluntary or independent) provider settings, for example private nurseries and pre-schools. It won't bring up details of any Catholic primary or secondary schools in Derbyshire. The location and contact details of these are attached to this page.
Search for a nursery school
Search for an infant school
Search for a junior school
Search for a primary school
Search for a secondary school
Search for a special school
Search for a support centre
You can find details of early years settings by using our family information service and the Independent Schools Directory.