Allergens: contains milk (optional).
Substitute whatever vegetables you have for roughly the equivalent weight.
1 tablespoon of oil
1 large onion, chopped
125g leeks, rinsed and sliced
280g parsnips, peeled and chopped
400g carrots, peeled and chopped
1 large potato, peeled and chopped
900ml (1 pint) vegetable stock
8 to 10 tablespoons of milk (optional)
Seasoning and nutmeg
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Heat oil and butter and cook onions and leeks over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes until soft.
- Add parsnips, carrots and potato and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour in the stock, bring to the boil then simmer for 20 to 25 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Blend or marsh and then add milk (optional) to required consistency.
- Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg then stir in the parsley.
- Reheat gently and serve.