Alert close - icon Fill 1 Copy 10 Untitled-1 tt copy 3 Untitled-1 Untitled-1 tt copy 3 Fill 1 Copy 10 menu Group 3 Group 3 Copy 3 Group 3 Copy Page 1 Group 2 Group 2 Skip to content

Due to essential maintenance, this website may be unavailable for a short time on Saturday 28 or Sunday 29 May 2022. Apologies for any problems this may cause.

Reporting flooding emergencies

What to do if you are currently being flooded or at risk of flooding.

Emergency services

If lives are in danger or there is a risk of injury, contact the emergency services (fire and rescue) as soon as possible tel: 999.

Otherwise, the following services should be contacted.

Environment agency

If your property is under threat from flooding from main rivers, then you are advised to contact the Environment Agency's Floodline tel: 0845 988 1188.

The Environment Agency will be able to offer you advice or assistance on how best to reduce the damage caused by flooding.

Contacting us in an emergency

You should contact us where you or your property are under threat from flooding from smaller ordinary watercourses, from surface water or from groundwater.

Sewer or water main flooding

Where the flooding you are experiencing is caused by a burst water main or from sewers, please contact the utility company for your area: