Alert close - icon Fill 1 Copy 10 Untitled-1 tt copy 3 Untitled-1 Untitled-1 tt copy 3 Fill 1 Copy 10 menu Group 3 Group 3 Copy 3 Group 3 Copy Page 1 Group 2 Group 2 Skip to content

Have your say

We are committed to listening and learning from local people.

We provide important services to residents, visitors, employers and employees in the county and we're always looking for ways to improve them.

Finding out what you think of the services we provide is essential because it helps us to work out how to improve them. Our commitment to consult means we can make this happen.

Consultation is the process of informed communication between us and the users of our services prior to us making a policy decision or determining changes to service delivery.

By listening to you, we can be sure that we are making the right decisions. By telling us what you think you're able to have your say about the things you think are important or need improving.

When we do consult we try to plan ahead so that we can make sure that we have enough information at the right times to make informed decisions. We try to consult a broad variety of people across the county.

If our consultation shows that we're not collecting the views of community groups like disabled people, black and ethnic minority people, lesbians and gay men, older or younger people we'll try to do extra work to make sure these groups are not left out.

We'll not only listen to the views of the majority. The views of just a few people matter too.

This is your chance to:

  • have your say
  • be involved
  • influence decisions and services
  • share information
  • make a choice

We use a variety of methods to get your opinion, such as questionnaires, meetings and online consultation.

You can get involved by viewing the forums we run or show you're interested in taking part in a consultation by giving us your details.

Find all consultations that are planned, have taken place in the past, or are taking place now.

We've also put together a consultation toolkit.

We also encourage you to voice your views through petitions that can be submitted online or via paper. Paper petitions should be sent to

Director of Legal Services
Derbyshire County Council
County Hall

Please use the petition template which is attached to this page.