Alert close - icon Fill 1 Copy 10 Untitled-1 tt copy 3 Untitled-1 Untitled-1 tt copy 3 Fill 1 Copy 10 menu Group 3 Group 3 Copy 3 Group 3 Copy Page 1 Group 2 Group 2 Skip to content

Consumer advice

If you need advice with a consumer problem the Citizens Advice consumer service should be able to help. They provide telephone advice and support to consumers in Derbyshire and act as the first point of contact for all consumer queries.

Trusted Trader

If you simply want to minimise the risk of a consumer problem occurring in the first place, then you should consider using one of our Trusted Traders. There are over 1,200 Trusted Traders and all of them agree to abide by the scheme’s code of practice.

The Trusted Trader scheme also gives extra peace of mind. In the unlikely event of things going wrong, you have the added comfort of knowing that trading standards follow up all Trusted Trader complaints as a priority.

Citizens Advice consumer service

The Citizens Advice consumer service provides free, confidential, impartial and independent advice which can help you to sort out your problems or arguments with suppliers of goods or services.

Consumer safety

Everyone comes into daily contact with countless different products - from clothes to computers, from food to toys and everything else in between. All consumer goods should be safe and not cause damage or injury.

Citizens Advice can give you detailed advice on the law or help you complain about the safety of something you've bought.

The service works in partnership with trading standards. More complex problems or complaints which may need further investigation are referred to trading standards.

If you would like to speak to an adviser, then please tel: 0808 223 1133, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.

Citizens Advice also provide a wide range of consumer information and advice.

Full details of how we work with Citizens Advice and how we deal with consumer issues are contained within our consumer advice and enquiries policy. The shortened version of this policy is attached to this page as the leaflet 'Advice and Enquiries about Faulty Goods'.