The review of Corporate Property is being undertaken as part of our enterprising council approach. We need to transform our property service so that it's fit for purpose and can deliver financial savings. This means we need to change the way we deliver services.
As part of the next steps we are talking to Suffolk County Council about setting up a joint venture with them to look after all our cleaning and caretaking services and the design aspects for all construction jobs that cost more than £50,000.
We have also agreed a new approach to selling our surplus properties and we are talking to an organisation called Public Sector Plc (PSP) about setting up a partnership to take on this work.
You can read the full report: Item 6(m) on the Cabinet meeting of 11 September.
We will continue to keep employees informed at every step of the process, and will always do our best to answer any questions you may have.
We’ve arranged a series of employee briefings that start in November 2019. Details of the briefings are in the October employee newsletter, which is attached to this page.
Keeping you informed
We will keep employees informed of the changes to come by:
- sending out a monthly printed newsletter - the latest issue is attached to this page
- keeping the website up to date
- holding regular briefings for managers
- holding monthly meetings with the trade unions
- meeting with specific groups of staff as plans are developed that affect their particular service