Reasons to work for Derbyshire
Derbyshire’s population of older people is growing, which means we’re always on the lookout for people to join our hard-working teams of care workers.
Reasons to choose us
Good pay rates
Our pay rates are:
- £9.81 to £10.01 an hour for care workers in the community or in a residential care home
- £10.75 to £11.73 an hour for a senior care worker
Good terms and conditions
We’ll give you all the training you need to do the job, free of charge. We’ll also provide you with a uniform and any equipment to carry out your work.
In addition you’ll get:
- five weeks holiday and eight bank holidays a year – pro rata. After five years you’ll get an extra week.
- extra pay for unsocial hours – when you work after 7pm or before 7am
- extra pay for working on a Bank Holiday
- mileage allowance
- paid travel time between calls
- no zero hours contracts
As well as providing you with on-the-job training, there are also opportunities to further your career in care, if that’s what you want.