We believe that tackling the biggest, scariest challenges facing the whole world starts with how we look after our small but beautiful part of it. We know that small acts can add up to big impacts when we work together across communities, organisations and industrial sectors.
We see a once in a generation opportunity to transform the way we manage waste as a nation and as citizens of the world. Local government and councils up and down the country are at the forefront of this change. As leaders of our local communities and stewards of the places we serve, we are uniquely placed to drive the collective action necessary to turn the tide on climate change.
We can do this by:
- providing information for people to understand their own environmental impact
- finding markets and partner organisations to reuse products and materials instead of throwing them away in the first place
- returning valuable materials and commodities to the economy to support sustainable growth and replace the use of virgin materials
- capturing the nutrient value of waste food and organic material and returning it to the land
- recovering energy from materials that can't be recycled to provide cheap, secure and sustainable power
- turning yesterday's mistakes into tomorrow's opportunity by managing former landfill sites, reducing methane emissions and transforming them into new habitats to support local biodiversity
In 2020 the UK emitted over 3.5 million tonnes of carbon dioxide equivalent from waste we throw away at home. In the same year we saved 4 million tonnes of carbon dioxide equivalent by recycling and composting. We know that what we do works, we just need to do more of it.
Here in Derbyshire, we're determined to maximise these opportunities to make a positive impact.
Our small team is made up of passionate and skilled experts in the field of resource and waste management. We're looking to grow our capacity and bring in new talents, ideas and perspectives to help us design and build the resource management systems of the future.
If you want to be part of this then we want to speak to you. You can get in touch with the recruiting managers directly, their contact details are available in the individual job adverts.
We're holding 2 working for resources and waste services - presentation and question and answer webinars on Microsoft Teams on. You can:
Come and join us if you'd like to learn more about our current opportunities, meet the team and ask any questions. We look forward to meeting you.
See our resources and waste vacancies
In return you can expect:
- competitive salary
- generous annual leave scheme
- flexitime, allowing up to an additional 2 days of leave per month
- generous local government pension scheme
- guaranteed incremental annual pay increases
- cycle to work scheme
- discounts at selected county leisure centres
Find out more about our pay, terms and conditions of services and benefits that we offer employees.
Hear what some of our team have to say:
We're always pleased to hear from talented people, so if you have any questions about the opportunities that we have, please get in touch.
If there are no roles available right now, you can register for job alerts on Jobs Derbyshire. That way, you'll then be notified when that perfect job does come up.