Information of our service during coronavirus
Our centres are currently closed for face-to-face appointments, but we're still offering impartial information, advice and guidance in other ways.
Our National Careers Service are continuing to work to support Derbyshire residents and are open to referrals. This support will be by telephone, Skype, text or email.
Please get in touch with your local Careers Coach:
- Chesterfield, including Dronfield, Staveley and Eckington, contact Wendy Leigh by phone: 07717 303855
- Derbyshire Dales, including Matlock, Ashbourne and Belper, contact Yvonne Power by phone: 07967 308873
- Erewash/South Derbyshire, including Ilkeston, Long Eaton, Heanor and Swadlincote, contact Chris Ellerington by phone: 07986 804096
- High Peak, including Buxton, Glossop and New Mills contact Sarah Kelly by phone: 07967 391263
- North East Derbyshire, including Clay Cross, Bolsover and Shirebrook contact Sue McDonald by phone: 07967 308905.
About our service
The National Careers Service advice and support is available to anyone aged over 19 or 18 and not currently in education, employment or training (NEET)
We have highly skilled National Careers Service Careers Coaches actively involved in support Derbyshire residents on work and learning related matters.
Our staff are:
- experienced and qualified to a minimum of Level 4 in Information, Advice and Guidance
- friendly, support and adaptable to learner needs
- impartial and able to advise on and refer to a wide range of local provision.
Delivered by one to one appointments, drop in sessions and group workshops, we provide support on a range of subjects including:
- advice and information on courses or training, including funding and signposting opportunities
- exploring volunteering and work experience including how to access opportunities across the county
- careers planning including help to understand the current labour market, identify transferable skills, new career paths and routes into employment
- covering letters advice including how to gain the attention of prospective employers
- CV support for those new to CVs or with an existing CV
- help to find new employment including tips, resources and advice such as how to get the best out of Find a Job, social media and the hidden labour market
- guidance on how to write an application form and how it supports the interview phase
- guidance on interview skills including tips on preparation and planning, types of interview and question to expect.
All our customers are offered further, personalised support after their initial appointment via:
- additional one to one appointments
- Derbyshire wide drop in sessions