Our HR function supports and enables managers in all departments across the council in leading our workforce of over 12,000 employees.
We're delivering change through our 5 people priorities.
- attracting and retaining the best people in the most effective way possible
- promoting diversity and inclusion, enabling responsive workforce plans, and developing credible reward strategies.
- engaging, nurturing, and developing our people and our future potential
- enabling organisational transformation and effective employee relations
- enabling and ensuring the wellbeing and safety of our people
We have exciting opportunities in our HR team and we're looking for HR professionals who are eager to learn, inspire, support others and who are keen to improve the experience of our customers.
If you're looking to join a dynamic team and feel you can make a difference, are eager to embrace change and have the skills and experience we're looking for, then we'd like to hear from you.
- committed and take pride in making a difference and delivering high quality services for the people of Derbyshire
- motivated to work hard to achieve your goals and recognised and rewarded fairly for doing so
- high performing and engaged, being clear on your objectives and how they contribute to our success
- empowered and challenged to do your role effectively
- valued by supportive and engaging managers and colleagues who treat each other with respect
- energised and committed to putting the wellbeing and safety of our people at the heart of what we do
We offer ongoing development in a supportive team as well as range of benefits including:
- flexible working hours
- supportive working environment
- commitment to your continuing professional development with ongoing training opportunities
- generous annual leave
- salary sacrifice schemes
- access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- a comprehensive wellbeing package
- discount on leisure centre memberships
Our HR team is contractually based in Matlock, Derbyshire, but due to the COVID-19 pandemic we're currently working remotely. There will be an opportunity to discuss future working arrangements at interview.
View our HR vacancies.
If you can't find the perfect role for you right now, you can see all the jobs we have available by visiting Derbyshire - Jobs and careerswhere you can register for job alerts. That way, you'll be notified when that perfect job does come up.
We're always pleased to hear from talented people, so if you've any questions about the opportunities that we have, please get in touch. The recruiting managers contact details are available in each of the individual job adverts.
Our HR team has recently been awarded the 2021 Team Award for Service Super Stars by the Public Services People Managers Association (PPMA).